Super Mario Bros 3. REVIEW

Go down

Super Mario Bros 3. REVIEW

Post  Ugibah on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:01 am

Look at the picture above this text.
Only one word conjures up in my head to summarise this game. Masterpeice

Ever since the golden year of 1998, Super Mario Bros. 3 has sold an astonishing 18,000,000 copies and has proven to be one of the most popular game starring the famous red-capped, moustached man, even beating Super Mario Galaxy. In this game, Shigeru Miyamoto teamed up to make the most legendary game that has and still will, be passed on through many genrations.

Ah music to my ears. Literally. Many retro gamers will have there behinds firmly planted into there sofa as they find thereselfs humming to the highly recognisable tunes as they fly, quite literally, through the levels. Even to the Next-Gen gamers of today will enjoy the catchy tunes that never tire, even if they are repeated once to many times. Legend Of Zelda fans may even notice that the wooden recorder used for the series was even used for the Super Mario Bros. Game! Sneaky Miyamoto!

Mighty Mushrooms? Oh no. Try the rascly raccoon stealing the fame! If you purchased this game for the NES you may have noticed Mario wearing another rather odd, yet fancy custome. This kiddies is the Racoon Power-up. New to the game, this proved to be highly popular! Many took such intrest in getting this power up so they could pass through the levels with flying colours! Not to mention over power-ups that helped this game get up from its feet and give it a head start! Super mario bros. 3 had introduced the Frog, Tanooki, Hammer Brother and Kuribo's Shoe! And of course, the classics, 1-up Mushroom, Power-Up mushroom and Starman. With the help from toad, and knowledge from where these little items are hiding, there is no doubt you will have less trouble acheiving the goal of completing the game.

Okay, so know you know about the music, and power-ups. But what about the actual game and graphics itself, I hear you say? Shout no more my little friends, put on your seat-belts 'cause were going in.

Many have said that SMB3 has aged perfectly over time, and I must say, I do agree! It's beautiful pixel graphics are easily adored by new-comers and fans, painting characteristics on the most unusual characters. Goombas, Koopas and all the rest of the villians have never looked so good in there retro glory. And to make it even more better, there is Eight worlds, with plenty of levels! The worlds consist of Grass Land, Desert Hill, Sea Side, Big Island, The Sky, Iced Land, Pipe Maze and finally the big boy itself, Castle of Koopa. However, don't stare at the simple yet gorgeous and well crafted graphics for too long or that paratroopa might just get its well-sought revenge! As for the gameplay? Its still your Wahoo-Jumping, Goomba-squashing, coin-collecting platform game. But theres nothing wrong with that... right?

This classic of a game is a must have for gamers of all ages, and if you have it on the NES or on Super Mario Allstars on the SNES buy it on the Wii because with the New Save action put in you won't have to go through the levels again to get up to were you left off.

Thats all from me, Ugi- out.

Last edited by Thatch on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos XD)
Ugibah
V.I.P
V.I.P

Female Number of posts : 10
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Mario Bros 3. REVIEW

Post  Hodgie on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:10 am

Brilliant Review. Have you done any reviewing before this? You've been so much help already UgiBah and I can't thank you enough! I've sorted out a few errors (I am the editor after all. Wink ) and I'll upload the review to the site soon enough!
If you want to, you could create some images for both SMB and Reverent Wings. I could do them as I have CS2 but it really is up to you. Smile
The feature images are currently 335 x 127 with a thin 1 pixel boarder.
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-02

View user profile http://nintendoblog.simpleboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:33 am

Great review Ugi. I think I have this game downloaded I'm not sure but I hope that it will start playing it again because I did enjoy it a lot. I just dont have the time to do everything I need to at the moment that big recent games take my spare time not the retro ones which is dissapointing really.
Chris

Male Number of posts : 75
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch on Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:23 pm

Chris wrote:Great review Ugi. I think I have this game downloaded I'm not sure but I hope that it will start playing it again because I did enjoy it a lot. I just dont have the time to do everything I need to at the moment that big recent games take my spare time not the retro ones which is dissapointing really.

I love this game on VC so much because its so easily accessible and its such a brilliant game. If your wanting something to play but just can't be bothered with a hardcore game then its perfect for a 10 minute session.

Obvcourse if you have a NES with Duck Hunt (me Smile) then you are a lucky man. Its one of my favourite games ever.
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
80 / 10080 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: