Wii Fit/Balance Board Thread

Go down

Wii Fit/Balance Board Thread

Post  sean_t on Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Now that Nintendo have played their big franchises in Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy and Zelda:Twilight Princess, Nintendo will release their next big game on the 25th April. Titled Wii Fit, it is a new and interesting concept being developed by Nintendo. The main talking point about the game is that it comes packaged with the Balance Board which is a peripheral that allows the wii to detect your balance on the board (as the name suggests) and means the user can perform all sort of excersises like sit ups and press ups. Some people might run a mile at the sight of these, but Wii Fit is aiming to allow the user to keep fit and have fun at the same time. Pricewise it isn't cheap at a retail price of 69.99, but it is certainly a lot less cheaper and less intimidating for some than going to the gym all the time.

Interestingly though, the balance board has the potential to be used in other games. We Ski is one such title which uses the balance board. Many more possibilities could arise from the balance board and for this reason as well Wii Fit is worth keeping an eye on.

Nintendo have decided to showcase the game by touring with it in several areas throughtout the uk. Details can be found here. http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=4139

Reviews

EuroGamer - 8/10

Spong - 85%

Cvg - 6.8/10

ONM - 91%

So what do you think? Is a great innovative idea by Nintendo? Or it just an overpriced piece of Junk, only appealing to casual gamers?

Last edited by sean_t on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Link to onm review added.)
sean_t

Male Number of posts : 33
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wii Fit/Balance Board Thread

Post  Thatch on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game, especially for the press up/sit up element of it, as I not only need to get fit but to build some muscle, haha.

The thing that bothers me is the price tag, but I've been persuading my family to chip in Razz. Heres to hoping I'll get it, after my exams. Shocked
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
80 / 10080 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:55 pm

My mums all for it, which is great to see! I'll be spending more of my time on the game doing headers and slaloms. Smile ...Not much of a yoga fan myself.
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-02

View user profile http://nintendoblog.simpleboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Looking forward to this game HUGELY. It looks like something that could actually help and it looks like fun to. I am really looking forward to the jogging part as I do enjoy running so I am hoping that it will live up to my expectations. I hope I will be able to get it on release date. As long as my mum will let me
Chris

Male Number of posts : 75
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSHash on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Looks cool but too expensive, if it's used for other games then it could be considered Razz
SSHash

Number of posts : 15
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't want this game? It looks boring and pointless and if I used it in my room, I would be 5 inches away from the screen. I'd rather play football or something than play Wii Fit... It would be cheaper as well. Smile

Smile <----mega paedo smile
Jimmy

Male Number of posts : 12
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 am

Is it just me, or does the possibility of Skiing on the balance board sound like great fun! This new game developed by Namco looks great. I might be tempted to buy it.
Cheers again for the info Sean. Wink If there was a thanks system, I'd thank you.... I just need to find a way of setting on of those up!

And yes Chris ----> Smile (Adam?) /joke!
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_t on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks Hodgie. Yea I agree it does look like a lot of fun. To be honest personally I doubt that I'm going to buy wii fit due to the price tag despite the fact it looks like a real fun game. However the possibilities that other developers such as Nacmo could use the board in such interesting ways could change that.

Edit: Links to reviews added.
sean_t

Male Number of posts : 33
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:19 am

I cant wait for my mum to pick this up on friday now it just looks better every time I see it. However I am a bit concerned about the fact that they might sell out and take no notice of the pre-orders because my GAME seems to be people with very low IQ level bar about 2. So I am going to get my mum to take the receipt in and if they say sorry come back tomorrow I will get her to demand we get one now Razz that will do no good whatsoever but it would look quite funny in the middle of GAME. I should be able to pick my copy and the rechargable battery pack though no problem
Chris

Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie on Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:53 pm

It was out yesterday! Shocked Anyone got it yet? If so, post some opinions!
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:10 am

I HAVE IT! It's really good but because my room is so small I cannot do about 70% of whats on it which is really annoying. I dont want to move it downstairs because I wont be able to go on my wii as much as I want to so I am kind of stuck at the moment. Which annoys me because if I had enough room I would be playing it 24/7. Sad
Chris

Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazza on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:52 am

I have played this at chris's and it is amazing i loved it so much i cant wait till i get it Very Happy
Hazza

Number of posts : 8
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thatch on Sun May 11, 2008 8:30 pm

My Mum went into town yesterday and said I've she saw it she'd get it, we're going halves. Unfortunately, it was sold out everywhere as i expected Neutral I really like the look of this game.

So I've gone with a substitute until I get it. A bit of Wii Sports Boxing while I run on the spot, and a few push-ups now and then, like when waiting for servers to load. Just nwo theres an ache in my arms, so I think I'm doing something good. I want Wii Fit more for the muscle exercises, I'm not the best built guy in my year Rolling Eyes.

Might start a new healthy eating regime...meh. I'll start after my curry tonight. Laughing
Thatch

Male Number of posts : 54
Achievement Points :
80 / 10080 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Thu May 15, 2008 9:57 am

I just dont have time for the training with my hectic school life at the moment. Then there is all the stuff my mates want to play on online and then the chatbox to keep up with as well as ONM and this. And I have to fit meals in to Sad thats only on a week day though. On weekends I have much more time. So I have resorted to just doing the BMI and Weight tests
Chris

Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: