Hint On Tips With Reviews!

Go down

Hint On Tips With Reviews!

Post  Hodgie on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

It's great to see that some of you have started to write your own reviews, some of them even making in on the Main site! Very Happy But I have noticed a distinctive lack of content in some of them. VC reviews can have less words as they (generally) don't has a much to talk about. But with HUGE games such as Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, etc are expected to be well over 1000 words.
In DS/Wii reviews you're looking at around 900+ words, because that what's needed to give a full image of the game.

Tips:
900+ words
Introduction needs to entice the reader. You can give a background of previous games in the series or create an original into. Generally include the games title.
Storyline. How the story progresses in the game. Is it confusing? Too basic? Rubbish?
Gameplay. Are the controls implemented well? Do they work? Give examples of situations where the controls worked well/not well. Camera as well.
Graphics. How does the game look? Blocky, muddy textures or Lush and colorful well polished or dull?
Multiplayer. Don't forget to comment on multiplayer, online or offline.
Conclusion. Sums up your review in one paragraph. Say if it's worth buying/give an overall statement about the game.

I hope that helps! I'll add more when I get round to it. Wink
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-02

View user profile http://nintendoblog.simpleboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Hint On Tips With Reviews!

Post  Cpt. Dom on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks Hodgie! That helps a lot. I might actually get round to writing some reviews now. Very Happy

Cpt. Dom

Male Number of posts : 12
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:37 am

Thanks Hodgii. You have set a gauntlet down for me and I will get 1000words at least in the brawl review. Whether it will be easy though is a different matter Razz Expect it sometime soonish though
Chris

Male Number of posts : 75
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgie on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:50 pm

No problem Chris. Remember, these are only guidelines, if there isn't any more to write about, don't blab on! but you should remember to include important factors like the ones above.
In reviews you're given complete freedom how you want to write, a bit of humor won't go amiss here and there!

If anyone else want to post up some tips (Zorc. Wink ) then don't hesitate to do so!
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-02

View user profile http://nintendoblog.simpleboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content