Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series

Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series

Post  Zorc on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 pm

Created by one LittleKuriboh, Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series is a show of utter awesomeness and sheer incredibility. It's no wonder why the British anime is so amazingly popular, or why it is immensly difficult to find somebody who is not aware of the series. The Abridged Series is so damn hilarious, and certainly more enjoyable than the anime 4Kids have raped for us all.

LittleKuriboh, founder of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, has taken various episodes of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, shortened them (the episodes usually take around five to eight minutes each) and made them much funnier. So far, the series covers the entire Duelist Kingdom series and the introduction to the Battle City series.

Furthermore, the series has expanded beyond the mere original anime. We are now being treated to Cr@psule Monsters and there's even a Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Movie. Then there are two completely new series: Marik's Evil Council Of Doom and Zorc & Pals, both also being successful and extremely humourous.

The official website can be located here, and as well as downloads for every single episode released so far, you also have the opportunity to purchase items with some of the most legendary of catchphrases, including "Screw the rules, I have money," "Your Mother Plays Card Games In Hell," "Limey Man - I'm here to kick ass and drink cups of tea; and I'm all out of tea," and "I'm so ambiguously camp."

Are you a fanatic of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series? What's your favourite episode of quotation so far, and do you think that the spin-off series are a good idea?

I must say, I absolutely adore the series. It's so well thought through and unbelievably hilarious, it makes you lust for the merchandise so badly. My favourite episode of the series so far has been either the one where they are trapped in the videogame world, or one of the episodes with Ishizu ("My Funny Skanketine" was also epic). There are various quotations I love, but anything which is said by Zorc you can pretty much gaurantee I'm going to repeat. I also loved the conversations between Seto Kaiba and Maximillion Pegasus in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Movie, and Rebecca's teddy bear says the funniest things. I absolutely love the spin-off series. In my opinion, Zorc & Pals and Marik's Evil Council Of Doom are even better than the actual series. They're so bloody funny... The film is also made of win.
Zorc

Male Number of posts : 7
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series

Post  Hodgie on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:01 pm

It would be a shame to post in such a big topic that I'm "not a fan of Yu-gi-oh" ...but that's the truth. My school used to play the card game which was really fun to collect, I still have a few cards but that's as far as my fanshipism (new word. Wink ) went.
That said, Pokemon > Yu-Gi-Oh
Hodgie
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 93
Achievement Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-02

View user profile http://nintendoblog.simpleboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sean_t on Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:05 pm

Hodgie wrote:It would be a shame to post in such a big topic that I'm "not a fan of Yu-gi-oh" ...but that's the truth. My school used to play the card game which was really fun to collect, I still have a few cards but that's as far as my fanshipism (new word. Wink ) went.
That said, Pokemon > Yu-Gi-Oh

Same here. Must admit, I loved Pokemon but i never really got into YU-Gi-Oh.
sean_t

Male Number of posts : 33
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zorc on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 pm

^^The Abridged Series has little to do with the actual card game. It shortens the episodes of the anime and makes them funnier, making fun of them and 4Kids. It's hilarious, and you don't need to like Yu-Gi-Oh! to enjoy it.
Zorc

Male Number of posts : 7
Achievement Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: